I had a little time to try converting from Ubuntu 10.04 to Sabily Manarat 10.04 and it was successfully work. So I think this experience is very important to Ubuntu user who had feel to change their Ubuntu to Sabily but unsure to do it. Converting from Ubuntu to Sabily are more easy to do compare with upgrading from Sabily Gaza to Sabily Manarat which we need to upgrade it to previous Ubuntu then convert it back to Sabily. I will discuss about upgrading later. Please note that I try this from inside my Virtualbox since I already use Sabily Manarat. Anyway it will work same as normal operating system installation.
I also hope this guide will attract Ubuntu user especially Muslim to convert their distro to Sabily and support for Islamic software development. Lets follow this guide to convert from Ubuntu 10.04 to Sabily Manarat.
Please make sure your Internet connection and speed is good. Then you can try this.
1. Open your terminal and run this command, sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sabily.team/ppa && sudo apt-get -q update
2. Then this command, sudo apt-get install sabily
3. To continue, enter 'Y'.
4. Wait until finish. About 10 to 20 minutes on my system.
5. It finished. Exit terminal and reboot your system.
6. You got it. Sabily Manarat take place but mix with Ubuntu theme.
7. To fully customize Sabily Manarat, you should change theme to HumanME and change to Manarat wallpaper that you can find from, File System/lib/plymouth/themes/sabily
8. Then you really got Sabily Manarat 10.04.
Congratulation for your successfully converting from Ubuntu 10.04 to Sabily Manarat 10.04. Lets spread this info to others.