Is it possible to convert Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot to Sabily 11.10 Uhud in Unity environment? Maybe the question that always in our mind is Ubuntu had default to Unity but Sabily is default to Gnome3. So, is it possible for us to install Sabily while Ubuntu in Unity environment? I tried it and the result is yes, we can convert it. It totally change to Sabily in Gnome3. Unity also available to select if we prefer it. Here is the step that I do, followed the instruction on the Sabily Wiki page.
Run your terminal.
01. First of all we need to add Sabily repository like previous version.
03. Choose 'y' and enter when asked.
04. Configuring gdm. Hit enter.
05. I select gdm(gnome) default manager.
08. Restart the system to see the result.
10. Open terminal then reset all the setting one by one. Then run gnome-tweak-tool to open Advanced Settings.
11. On Advanced Settings follow Theme setting as the screenshot.
12. Islamic Software installed(no need to reinstall).
13. Log out then log in Ubuntu to get Unity environment.
If you are not sure to do it before, now I proved that it can be done successfully. So what are you waiting for? Let try it.