Lets share my experience installing Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal on my small extra hard drive. As normal the procedure we need to download it from Ubuntu download site. Then make live CD or bootable usb drive for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal. After that we can start to install it. Here some screenshot from my installation.
01. Start Live CD/USB.
02. New default wallpaper of Ubuntu.
03. Installation menu.
04. Installation preparation.
05. Installation type.
06. Setting your location.
07. Setting information about yourself.
08. Main installations starts.
09. Installation completed.
10. Information from System Monitor.
11. Unity is default desktop environment for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal.
Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal only have Unity for desktop environment. If you prefer gnome or other desktop environment please install later. Other desktop environment can be install from Ubuntu Software Center.